Shiny Genesect is one of the most popular Pokémon in Pokémon GO, and for good reason. It’s a powerful Mythical Pokémon with a unique shiny form. But how do you catch one?
In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know about catching Shiny Genesect in Pokémon GO, including where to find it, how to increase your chances of encountering one, and what to do when you finally do.
Where to Find Shiny Genesect
Shiny Genesect can only be found in 5-star Raid Battles. This means that you’ll need to team up with other players to defeat it and have a chance to catch it.
To find a Genesect Raid Battle, open the Nearby tab and look for the Raid icon. This icon will be white if there are no Raid Battles nearby, and red if there are. Tap on the Raid icon to see a list of all active Raid Battles in your area.
If there are no Genesect Raid Battles nearby, you can try using the Remote Raid Pass to participate in Raid Battles that are further away.
How to Increase Your Chances of Catching Shiny Genesect
The shiny rate for Genesect is the same as for other Legendary Pokémon in Pokémon GO, which is 5%. This means that you have a 5% chance of encountering a Shiny Genesect every time you complete a Genesect Raid Battle.
There are three things you can do to increase your chances of catching Shiny Genesect: use Golden Razz Berries, throw excellent curveballs, and use a Pinap Berry if you catch it.
- Use Golden Razz Berries: Golden Razz Berries give you a significant catch bonus, so be sure to use them on every Shiny Genesect that you encounter.
- Throw excellent curveballs: Excellent curveballs give you the highest catch bonus, so try to practice throwing them consistently.
- Use a Pinap Berry if you catch it: Pinap Berries double the amount of Candy that you receive when you catch a Pokémon, so be sure to use one if you successfully catch a Shiny Genesect.
What to Do When You Encounter Shiny Genesect
If you’re lucky enough to encounter a Shiny Genesect in a Raid Battle, be sure to take a deep breath and focus on catching it. Here are a few tips:
Use Golden Razz Berries. As mentioned above, Golden Razz Berries give you a significant catch bonus, so be sure to use them on every Shiny Genesect that you encounter.
Throw excellent curveballs. Excellent curveballs give you the highest catch bonus, so try to practice throwing them consistently.
Don’t be afraid to use Ultra Balls or Golden Razz Berries. Shiny Genesect is a rare and powerful Pokémon, so it’s worth using your best resources to catch it.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be well on your way to catching Shiny Genesect in Pokémon GO!
FAQ for Shiny Genesect in Pokémon GO
Can I get a Shiny Genesect in Pokémon GO?
Yes, you can catch a Shiny Genesect in Pokémon GO, but it is very rare. Shiny Genesect has the same shiny odds as Legendary Pokémon, which is 5%. This means that, on average, you will need to encounter 20 Genesect before you find a shiny one.
How do I get a Shiny Genesect?
The only way to get a Shiny Genesect is to defeat it in a 5-star Raid Battle and then catch it. Once you defeat Genesect, you will have the opportunity to catch it using your best Poké Balls. If you are lucky, the Genesect that appears will be Shiny.
Is there a way to increase my chances of getting a Shiny Genesect?
There is no guaranteed way to increase your chances of getting a Shiny Genesect, but there are a few things you can do to improve your odds:
- Do as many Genesect Raids as possible. The more Genesect you encounter, the higher your chances of finding a Shiny one.
- Use Golden Razz Berries and Excellent Throws when catching Genesect. This will increase your catch rate and make it more likely that you will catch the Genesect, even if it is Shiny.
- Consider using a Master Ball on Genesect. Master Balls guarantee that you will catch the Pokémon you throw them at, so this is a good option if you are really determined to catch a Shiny Genesect.
What does Shiny Genesect look like?
Shiny Genesect is mostly red with light pink details, such as its hands, feet, cannon, and stripe on its lower body. Additionally, its eyes are a light grey color.
Is Shiny Genesect better than normal Genesect?
Shiny Genesect has the same stats and moveset as normal Genesect, so it is not any better in terms of performance. However, Shiny Genesect is much rarer, so it is more valuable as a collector’s item.